Join the California Native Plant Society and you will automatically become a member of our North Coast Chapter.
You can join online on the state-wide California Native Plant Society website HERE.
- makes us a larger organization, so legislators, other politicians, agency workers, and the public will listen when we talk.
- provides financial support to the organization doing the most to preserve California’s rich native flora.
- makes you part of a group of like-minded people interested in, enthused by, and appreciating native plants.
- gives you a way to share and spread your appreciation of native plants.
- brings you our quarterly chapter newsletter Darlingtonia (on paper or online), the thrice-yearly state journal Artemisia, the quarterly Flora, and discounts at local and state plant-related retailers (See the most recent newsletter and the state web site for details.).
Membership is not necessary for attending our events, participating in our activities, or even reading our newsletter online. We think it is important to educate as many people as possible, so we offer these to the public free or low cost. We think people join our organization for what it does, not for what they get.
The North Coast Chapter is a member organization of the Northcoast Environmental Center (NEC), a valuable voice for conservation in our area. We have a seat on their board of directors. The NEC is the only organization with which we share our mailing list. We think it is important that our members receive Econews, an informative publication about local conservation issues. If you are not a member of NEC, we pay for you to receive Econews. You can reduce this cost to our chapter by joining NEC at www.yournec.org or requesting your Econews be electronic.
Change of Address
If your address changes, please notify us. You can also tell the state office by sending a message to . They will notify us monthly of changes.