Volunteering is a great way to learn about gardening and native plants, while getting some fresh air and gentle exercise. It’s a wonderful opportunity to connect with other volunteers with similar interests as we work together to restore and protect our precious local ecosystems. Come join us, everyone is welcome – whether you come weekly or occasionally! Together we can make a difference.
In the ecology context, “restoration” usually means “habitat restoration”, which involves pulling invasive plants to improve habitat for native plants.
Want to get involved in restoration projects? Volunteers are always needed!
Native Plant Nursery
- New volunteers are always welcome! No prior experience is necessary. Training and tools will be provided.
- Join us on any Wednesday, Friday or Sunday for a volunteer work party from 10am- 1pm. (We work rain or shine!)
- Wear comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting a little dirty.
- Bring a water bottle.
- On rainy days, we often work in the hoop house – rain gear is not required.
- Our nursery is located at Freshwater Farms Reserve. 5851 Myrtle Ave, Eureka, CA.
- Email us at . if you would like more information, or just come check us out.